What to do when students fail to attend

If you’re teaching an undergraduate-level course that’s at least six weeks long, you can submit a request to administratively withdraw students who have missed too much class.

If a student misses more than 50 percent of undergraduate course meetings and/or required activities during the first 25 percent of the course duration, they may be administratively withdrawn unless they can provide documentation of contact with you, their academic unit, or their academic advisor. This applies regardless of the student’s class standing.

Learn how to administratively withdraw a student